Built in 1886 and closed in 1975 when the rail line was abandoned by the L & N, the Scottsville Kentucky Train Depot served as a passenger and a freight station for almost 90 years.
The Lara Goad Turner Charitable Foundation has generously granted funding to the Allen County Historical Society to purchase the Scottsville Train Depot. Planning for restoration is in progress.
Proposed uses of a restored depot include:
- Local and regional club meeting
- Community education classes
- Chamber of Commerce functions
- Rentals for parties, reunions, receptions, weddings, dinners, etc.
- Arts exhibits
- Musical performances
- Historical field trips for students on railroad importance in Allen County history
- Museum detailing the history of the L & N railroad in Scottsville and Allen County including exhibits of railroad artifacts and memorabilia